Low Back Pain Treatment Perth
Did you know about 80% of people will require back pain treatment Perth at some stage in their life? Unfortunately for some, chronic back pain can have a detrimental effect on the healthy lifestyle we all strive to sustain. Back pain can be debilitating and often affects your ability to perform even the most simple daily tasks.
There are numerous structures in your back that could cause pain; muscles, nerves, ligaments, discs and bone could all require back pain treatment Perth. This is often experienced as a deep aching feeling in the lower back and is commonly exaggerated by movement or prolonged positions. My Physio Perth can diagnose your injury, control your pain and facilitate a return to normal function as soon as possible.
Do you want relief from back pain? Book online and feel better with expert back treatment by our experienced physiotherapists.
Causes of Low Back Pain
Acute back pain could be the result of trauma in which case it often occurs suddenly. This could be the result of heavy lifting, bending or twisting (or a combination of these) in a way that causes damage to the muscle, ligaments or joints of the back. Unfortunately acute back pain can also develop without any apparent cause and be just as debilitating. Chronic back pain could also develop over a prolonged period of time as a result of repetitive motions that put stress on the back. My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic will determine the cause of your pain, assist with back pain treatment Perth and put measures in place in an attempt to prevent recurrences.
- Muscle strain: A muscle strain can result from poor posture or lifting excessive loads. This can result in muscle fatigue and back pain.
- Poor posture: Poor posture puts unnecessary stress on the various structures of the spine. This can result in back pain over time.
- Disc bulge: Discs are situated between your bony vertebrae, acting like shock absorbers to reduce stress on your spine. Disc injuries are common and can occur due to sudden movements or from long term postural stress. Disc injuries cause inflammation and pain, and in extreme cases can irritate nearby spinal nerves. This can cause radiating leg pain, pins and needles, and numbness, often described as Sciatica. My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic are experts in the treatment of Lumbar disc injuries and are happy to dispel myths such as the ‘slipped disc’ and assist with back pain treatment Perth.
- Facet joint sprain:Each of your vertebrae are connected to the one above and below by two joints named facet joints. These joints can be sprained, just like your ankle, if you move in an awkward way. If the facet joints become inflamed, you will experience back pain and limitation in movements, much like a sprained ankle.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve runs from your lower back, down the back of your thigh and calf and into your foot. If compressed, the sciatic nerve can cause lower back pain which may radiate to the leg or buttock. It can also cause pins and needles, numbness, muscle spasms, reduced flexibility and weakness.
Assessment of Sciatica
My Physio Perth will conduct a thorough assessment of your condition in order to fully understand the origin of your pain. Our goal is to reduce your pain, and restore strength and normal function. Importantly, we always aim for a full rehabilitation, reducing the risk of recurrence in the future.
Early diagnosis and treatment is the key to a fast recovery and reducing the chance of your problem becoming chronic.
Low Back Pain Treatment Perth
My Physio Sorrento are experts in back pain treatment Perth. We offer a wide range of services, depending on your individual presentation and preference, ranging from massage to manipulation and dry needling. We aim to help you return to normal, pain free function as soon as possible.
- Massage Muscle tension, spasms or fatigue can all benefit from targeted massage therapy. My Physio Sorrento will work with you to help reduce pain and increase function.
- Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Joint mobilisation and manipulation can be a powerful technique to reduce pain and improve function.
- Taping: Taping can be a powerful method of providing support and easing pain in the acute phase. The Physiotherapists at My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic have developed taping techniques specifically for various types of low back pain.
- Dry needling: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain and overall well-being.
- Strength training: Specifically designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.
- Postural assessment and correction: Spinal posture is a major cause of back pain. At My Physio Perth we are experts in postural assessment and can provide postural advice to ease your pain. Corrective exercises can also help to prevent the development of future problems.
- Post operative rehabilitation: Post operative rehabilitation is crucial for a full recovery. At My Physio Sorrento, near Hillarys we have developed excellent professional relationships with leading Perth surgeons and will ensure the line of communication remains open between patient, surgeon and Physiotherapist. We will guide you through the recovery process and back to your desired level of function.