Shoulder Physio Perth
Perth’s Shoulder Physio Expert
Is your shoulder pain impacting your lifestyle? Are you growing frustrated with a lack of improvement, despite visiting your physio for shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain can be complex and confusing. Patients with shoulder pain and shoulder injuries often find it extremely difficult to obtain an accurate diagnosis. An expert Perth shoulder physio can help.
Introducing… Adam McKnight My Physio Perth’s expert shoulder physio.
Adam has worked as a shoulder physiotherapist for the Perth Shoulder Clinic’s specialist shoulder surgeons and assisted hundreds of patients with physiotherapy after shoulder surgery. He’s even helped patients avoid shoulder surgery altogether.
Not only does Adam have vast experience in acute shoulder injuries such as shoulder dislocations and rotator cuff tears, he has experienced a shoulder dislocation and surgery himself, so he truly understands the pain and frustration you may be experiencing.
Common Shoulder Injuries
- AC Joint Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tears and Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Subacromial Bursitis or Shoulder Bursitis
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder
Specialised Shoulder Physiotherapy Appointments
A shoulder physio appointment with Adam is so specialised, that a longer 60-minute initial consultation is required.
This allows enough time for a thorough examination, diagnosis, explanation of your injury, treatment and exercises to perform at home.
Adam’s high level of expertise and thoroughness, means this appointment is priced higher than a standard physio appointment.
Call us on 94476152 to book your Initial Shoulder Consultation or Book Online.
Shoulder Physio Perth Treatment Techniques
There are a range of treatment techniques, our expert shoulder physio uses:
- Massage for shoulder pain: Muscle tension and fatigue can contribute to shoulder pain. My Physio Sorrento will decide whether you can benefit from targeted massage therapy and will work with you to help reduce your pain and increase your function.
- Physiotherapy for shoulder pain: Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Shoulder physiotherapy techniques can be powerful in reducing pain and improving function.
- Taping for shoulder pain: Taping can provide support and ease pain in both acute and chronic shoulder injuries. My Physio Perth have developed taping techniques specifically for various types of shoulder pain.
- Dry needling for shoulder pain: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain, increasing overall well-being.
- Strength training and rehabilitation for shoulder pain: Specially designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.
- Post-operative shoulder rehabilitation: Physiotherapy rehab is crucial for a full recovery following shoulder surgery. At My Physio Perth we’ve developed excellent professional relationships with leading Perth surgeons and will ensure the line of communication remains open between patient, surgeon and physiotherapist.
We’ll guide you through the recovery process and get you back to your desired level of function.
Bursa = A thin fluid filled cushion found between two structures such as bone and tendon to reduce friction. Itis = Inflammation There are more than 150 bursae (pleural for bursa) in the human body and yes they are normal… In fact they are essential. Rub your hands back and forth with some force and…Read More
If you’re in pain, anti-inflammatory tablets may be beneficial, however rising concerns over side effects are causing people to consider anti-inflammatory gels and creams as an alternative. Are they actually effective and if so, which one is best? This blog follows on from last week’s article comparing heat packs vs deep heat creams. Anti-inflammatory Options…Read More
What is a SLAP lesion of the shoulder? The shoulder is a ball (upper humerus or arm bone) and socket (glenoid or part of the shoulder blade) joint. The glenoid labrum is cartilage that surrounds the outer lip of the glenoid. It acts by increasing the relative depth of the glenoid to increase shoulder stability…Read More