Shoulder Physio Perth
Is your shoulder pain impacting your lifestyle? Are you growing frustrated with a lack of improvement despite visiting your physio for shoulder pain? Shoulder pain can be very complex so why not trust your shoulder injury to an experienced shoulder physio? Adam McKnight is My Physio Perth’s expert shoulder physio.
Book online and feel better with expert shoulder treatment by our experienced shoulder physiotherapist.
Adam McKnight – Perth Shoulder Physio
My Physio Perth is fortunate to have an expert Perth shoulder physio in Adam McKnight. Adam has previously worked as a shoulder physiotherapist for the Perth Shoulder Clinic’s specialist shoulder surgeons. He has assisted hundreds of patients with physiotherapy after shoulder surgery and helped many more avoid shoulder surgery with specific shoulder physio Perth techniques. Adam’s role as a Perth sports physio has also seen him manage acute shoulder injuries such as shoulder dislocations and rotator cuff tears. Having experienced a shoulder dislocation and surgery first hand, Adam is well placed to understand and assist with your shoulder pain or injury.
Shoulder Physiotherapy Appointments
If you have shoulder pain and would like an appointment with leading shoulder physiotherapist Adam McKnight, we request that you book a 60 minute initial shoulder consultation. This allows enough time for a thorough examination, diagnosis, explanation of your injury, treatment and usually exercises to perform at home. Please be aware that this is slightly more expensive than our typical appointments due to Adam's expertise and the duration of the appointment. Other appointment options are available but won’t be as thorough. Visit our appointments page for more information, call us on 94476152 or Book Online.
Patients with shoulder pain and shoulder injuries often find it extremely difficult to obtain an accurate diagnosis. This is partly due to inexperience and also due to the highly inaccurate shoulder tests that practitioners have at their disposal. For this reason, an experienced Perth shoulder physio is invaluable to provide an accurate shoulder diagnosis when possible and refer to shoulder specialists when required.
Common Shoulder Injuries
My Physio Perth’s Sorrento shoulder physios regularly treat the following common shoulder injuries:
- AC Joint Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tears and Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Subacromial Bursitis or Shoulder Bursitis
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder
To read more about the shoulder injuries we treat, click this shoulder pain link or contact My Physio Perth’s Sorrento physio clinic, near Hillarys and talk to one of our shoulder physio Perth.
Shoulder Physio Perth Treatment Techniques
- Massage for shoulder pain: Muscle tension and fatigue can contribute to shoulder pain. My Physio Sorrento will decide whether you can benefit from targeted massage therapy and will work with you to help reduce your pain and increase your function.
- Physiotherapy for shoulder pain: Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Shoulder physiotherapy techniques can be a powerful in reducing pain and improving function.
- Taping for shoulder pain: Taping can be a powerful method of providing support and easing pain in both acute and chronic shoulder injuries. The physiotherapists at My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic, near Hillarys have developed taping techniques specifically for various types of shoulder pain.
- Dry needling for shoulder pain: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain and overall well-being.
- Strength training and rehabilitation for shoulder pain: Specifically designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.
- Post operative shoulder rehabilitation: Physiotherapy rehab is crucial for a full recovery following shoulder surgery. At My Physio Sorrento, near Hillarys we have developed excellent professional relationships with leading Perth surgeons and will ensure the line of communication remains open between patient, surgeon and Physiotherapist. We will guide you through the recovery process and back to your desired level of function.